Boy Vomits Uncontrollably, Dies Days After Common Activity Almost Every Kid Enjoys [VIDEO]

 Boy Vomits Uncontrollably, Dies Days After Common Activity Almost Every Kid Enjoys [VIDEO]

A family in Texas is warning others about the dangers of “dry drowning” after their 4-year-old son died days after they went swimming.

Francisco Delgado Jr. took his family to the Texas City Dike near Galveston to celebrate Memorial Day, where his son Frankie had quite a bit of fun swimming. When the day was over, the trio packed up and went back home without issue – that is, until a short while later.

Just a few days after the trip, Frankie began to have symptoms that resembled a stomach bug, including vomiting and diarrhea. Thinking it was nothing more than a stomach bug, Francisco decided to wait it out for things to take care of themselves, but Frankie’s symptoms persisted. Then, the unimaginable happened.

About a week later, the boy’s father called 911 after Frankie stopped breathing. “Out of nowhere, he just woke up. He said ahhh,” Francisco recalled, according to KTRK. “He took his last breath, and I didn’t know what to do no more.”

Just like that, the boy had passed away with his parents completely unaware of what had happened, but soon, they would have troubling answers. Doctors took a look at the boy’s corpse and discovered that he had quite a large amount of water in his lungs.

Come to find out, Frankie had died on account of a condition known as “dry drowning.” In short, children who accidentally inhale water, most frequently seen after swimming, are unable to get the water out of their lungs and end up dying hours or even days later as the fluid inside their bodies slowly suffocates them.

Medical experts say dry drowning occurs after a person inhales water, and it can occur hours or even days after swimming or bathing.

Medical experts say symptoms include trouble breathing, persistent coughing, sleepiness and fatigue, and vomiting. [Source: FOX 59]

As one would imagine, the family is heartbroken over the ordeal, and a GoFundMe page has been launched to help the family deal with the unexpected costs of a burial. However, they’re hoping that, by coming forward, they can raise awareness for a condition they were completely unaware of so other parents don’t have to experience what they did.

In all, Francisco just hopes that his family’s misery will serve as a warning for others. “Don’t take it for granted,” he said. “If somebody’s throwing up, he has diarrhea, take him to the doctor. Tell them to nd out what’s wrong with him.”

Although these parents thought that they’re boy just had a little stomach bug, you can bet that they wish they had taken him to the doctors when they still had the chance. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Doctors are there for a reason. It’s because they know more than we do and can spot something out of the ordinary. Use their expertise. It’s what they’re there for.

Sources: ABC 13, Fox 59

Avatar

Pretchi Mickelson

Leave a Reply

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!