Long time women’s champ Ronda Rousey but in her last fight, most of us remember how she was KO’ed in just 48 seconds by Amanda Nunes. And before that, in a major upset, she was beaten by Holly Holm in a major upset for her career in 2015. But despite the loses, Rousey has kept her life in the fast-track outside the ring.
From appearing in some major Hollywood films like, “Entourage” and “Furious 7”, and writing her autobiography “My Fight/ Your Fight,” which is about to be released in movie form, Ronda is also busy with a major deal with Reebok. Even her love life seems to be back on track. She just announced her engagement to fellow fighter Travis Browne. Despite all this, there are some facts even some of the biggest Rousey fans may be surprised to learn. For instance did you know:
- Ronda is a huge Pokémon fan. – growing up she loved playing Pokémon and her obsession began when she first got the trading cards. Ronda said: “I was immediately hooked on it. I lost a bunch of weight that summer and I was a small kid because I would not stop playing. I literally would not stop playing I would have a stack of graham crackers and milk next to me. I would not get up to eat!”
- Ms. Rousey came very close to joining the military. – Raised to be very patriotic, Ronda said at one point she had a career in mind. “When I was first starting to do MMA, I was debating on being a rescue swimmer for the coast guard, and they’d taken me to their base and showed me around and tried to fast-track me to rescue swim school. I was on the junior Olympics swimming team when I was a little kid I was into swimming before Judo.”
- Ronda has one fear…Zombies. – That confession was made during an interview with Rolling Stone magazine. Rousey told the interviewer she is scared of a zombie attack and has reoccurring nightmares zombies will take over.
- She used to be a bartender. – Rousey said she had learned one lesson during her time behind the bar, “One thing I learned from bartending is being able to have identical conversations over and over but still try to keep the same level of enthusiasm…”
- She has always wanted to be on “Fear Factor.” – Ronda told Rolling Stone, “I love heights, love bugs, loved to dig up earthworms, like snakes and slimy things, jumping off things, fire. I’m fine with all of it, always thought I’d be great on “Fear Factor”… It’s the thought of failing. That is my one and only big fear.”
- Believe it or not, she is very ticklish. – Ronda confessed to Jimmy Kimmel that she is ticklish, and trying to Tickle her could be hazardous to your health. She told Kimmel, “If anyone tried tickling me, I would go super ninja. Don’t try it.”