Woman Farts During Surgery And Catches Fire, Then Things Take An Even Worse Turn [VIDEO]

 Woman Farts During Surgery And Catches Fire, Then Things Take An Even Worse Turn [VIDEO]

A woman was badly burned during an April surgery in Tokyo when a laser ignited her fart, according to a report in the Straits Times.

The patient, in her 30s, was having a procedure that involved using a laser on her cervix at Tokyo Medical University. When she passed gas, the laser ignited it. She was burned badly on her waist and legs, though the report does not indicate her condition.

The operation took place in April.

“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” an October report from external experts concluded.

The fire burned much of the unnamed 30-year-old’s body, including her waist and legs, the report said, concluding that no flammable materials were in the operation room during the surgery, and the operation equipment was functioning normally.

Source: Star-Telegram

 

 

Avatar

Staff Writer

Leave a Reply

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!