• June 13, 2024

‘Shining Star’ Tragically Dies Using Cellphone While In Bathtub [WATCH]

 ‘Shining Star’ Tragically Dies Using Cellphone While In Bathtub [WATCH]

14yo Dies From Using Cellphone While Taking A Bath [VIDEO]

A Texas teenager has died using her mobile phone while lying in the bath, numerous reports say.

Madison Coe, from Lubbock, was reportedly charging her phone when the device accidentally fell into the bathtub she was in, according to an official report.

The 14-year-old was in the bath at her father’s house in New Mexico, on July 9, when she either plugged her phone in or grabbed it as it charged, her family told authorities.

Her grandmother Donna O’Guinn described the teenager as a “shining star” who loved music and basketball.

“There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone,” she said. “And that was just very obvious that that’s what had happened.

“This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else. And we want something good to come out of this … awareness of not using your cellphone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.”

“She is going to be greatly missed by all of us. She has a special place in my heart.”

Family and friends hope to raise awareness about the dangers of using a mobile phone while in the bath among other young teenagers through Facebook.

GoFundMe page has been set up to help cover her funeral costs.

Source: Telegraph UK

Leave a Reply

Daily Headlines