Fox News guest Cathy Areu, known as the “liberal sherpa”, claims that Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson retaliated against her by not inviting her on their shows much after she wouldn’t play along with their harassment. Arue, along with former Fox Business Network associate producer Jennifer Eckhart, are also accusing Ed Henry of sexual misconduct and rape.
Arue, the one I’m going to focus on here, is accusing Sean Hannity of trying to get someone to take her on a date after she was ‘stuck’ in a chair:
B. Sean Hannity
24. Ms. Areu was a relatively regular face on The Sean Hannity Show until March 8, 2018. On that day, Mr. Hannity, on set and in front of the entire studio crew – and completely unsolicited – threw $100 on the set desk. He then began calling out to the men in the room and demanding that someone take Ms. Areu out on a date for drinks at Del Friscos. He repeatedly yelled, “who wants to take her on a date?” “Take her on a date to Del Friscos.” Ms. Areu was completely mortified and made clear that she was incredibly uncomfortable with Mr. Hannity’s misogynistic behavior by quietly pleading with one of her friends in the room to accept the money so that the humiliation would end.
25. To make matters worse, Ms. Areu was “stuck” and could not even leave because Mr. Hannity engaged in this conduct while she was “hooked into” studio equipment that could only have been removed by a stagehand.
26. Thankfully, none of the staff cooperated with Mr. Hannity, even after he repeatedly chided one particular male employee for being “afraid to take out a beautiful woman.”
27. The below picture (in which it is clear that Ms. Areu put on a fake smile) was taken in the studio that day. The money (along with an e-cigarette that Mr. Hannity was smoking before the show), are piled together on the left side of the set desk.
28. After this incident, and Ms. Areu’s failure to “play along,” Ms. Areu was hardly ever, if ever at all, invited back to appear on “Hannity” on Fox News Channel.
You know I could almost see Hannity doing something like this in a joking or jovial way, to help a friend out by getting someone to take her out for drinks. And I don’t think, if true, he would mean any harm. But her claims of ‘retaliation’ don’t make a lot of sense. Hannity wasn’t trying to get her to do something, so to speak. He was trying to get one of his crew to take Arue out for drinks. So on what basis would he have to retaliate against her?
Areu is accusing Tucker’s crew of ‘tying’ her to a chair with her mic cables so he could proposition her for sex after the show was over:
C. Tucker Carlson
29. In 2017 and 2018, Ms. Areu appeared on a very frequent basis on Tucker Carlson Tonight (17 times, at least, in 2018 alone). Ms. Areu’s final 2018 appearance on the show was in December 2018. That show was filmed live in New York City and Mr. Carlson was in New York City at the studio.
30. After Ms. Areu’s segment was completed, one of Mr. Carlson’s producers or writers whispered in Ms. Areu’s ear, while she was on set trying to get out of the chair, and told her that Mr. Carlson wanted her to stay until the very end of the show to chat with him. Ms. Areu had no choice but to comply with Mr. Carlson’s request due to the fact that she was on live television while tied to her chair with a microphone on her that was attached to the chair. Ms. Areu was also wearing an earpiece that the tech crew refused to take off.
31. Mr. Carlson’s tech crew refused to undo Ms. Areu’s equipment on set therefore she could not leave the chair or studio.
32. Following the show, Mr. Carlson changed on set into his leather jacket for the annual Christmas party that he told Ms. Areu he would only be attending for approximately 10 minutes to, “make a quick appearance.”
33. Following the show, Mr. Carlson, hardly making any effort to hide his intentions, began telling Ms. Areu that he would be alone in New York City that night, and specifically said that he would be staying alone in his hotel room without any wife or kids.
34. Without question, Mr. Carlson was probing to see whether Ms. Areu was interested in a sexual relationship. Ms. Areu awkwardly sidestepped Mr. Carlson’s advances and declined to spend the night at his hotel. Mr. Carlson promptly retaliated against Ms. Areu, who was featured on his show only three times in 2019 and has not appeared once in 2020.
This sounds more far fetched. The idea that she was ‘tied’ to a chair because she had microphone on her and that Tucker’s crew intentionally wouldn’t disconnect her so Tucker could talk to her after the show sounds kinda ridiculous. Also she claims Tucker “changed on set”, when all he did was put on a leather jacket. At which point she said he then propositioned her for a night of sex, since his wife and kids weren’t with him. Of course she wouldn’t go along with it, so then she claims he only invited her back on the show a few times.