Otis The Pug Sustains Horrific Injuries After Being Left With A Dog Minder

A pug that suffered horrific injuries while in dog day care is fighting for its life. Jackson Millan left his dog Otis with a minder he found online for six weeks while travelling overseas. The dog sitter reportedly left Otis in his harness, which ‘had gross stains on it’, for three whole weeks. The friction caused by the doggy accessory resulted in a deep cut to his throat and ‘a severe infection that could take his life’, according to his horrified owner.

Jackson shared the story on Facebook, explaining that he had repeatedly asked the dog-sitter for photographs of his pet while he was away in Brazil. After cajoling, the carer sent a picture showing Otis wearing his harness, which Jackson said had ‘gross stains around it as if it had never been taken off’.

When the dog was taken to the vet, he claims they found a ’15cm gash across my dog’s neck from the friction of his harness for being left on for over three weeks, and a severe infection that could take his life’. In the furious Facebook post, Jackson claimed he was told by the vet Otis’ infection ‘could be smelled from metres away’, adding ‘this monster was oblivious to the point that my dog could still die from infection’.

Jackson updated the original Facebook post to tell concerned social media users that Otis is still in critical care at the vet, and his wound is unable to be closed due to the severity of the infection.

It will almost certainly need surgery once the infection clears. Jackson reported the incident to Mad Paws, who he says he does not hold responsible for the injuries, as well as the police and the RSPCA. Alexis Soulopoulos, the CEO of Mad Paws said: ‘The welfare of our clients pets is paramount and we are taking this issue very seriously.

‘Mad Paws is currently investigating these claims.’

Article Sources: Daily Mail, /Photo Credit: Daily Mail

Rafael Smith

Leave a Reply

Daily Headlines