Mom Warning Others After Boy Gets Blood Poisoning From Common Medication

 Mom Warning Others After Boy Gets Blood Poisoning From Common Medication

A boy had a severe skin reaction after being given the medicine for his chickenpox.

It seems that a six- or seven-year-old boy, Lewis, in the UK had a bad case of the chicken pox, and his mom, named Hayley Lyons, wanted to give him something to help with the pain of his condition. The boy’s doctors recommended that she give him a common medication that many people with fevers and aches take on a regular basis. Unfortunately, it seems that the doctors gave the trusting mom bad advice.

Four doctors had recommended the medicine for Lewis, even though recent research has linked it to skin reactions in patients with chickenpox.

Although many people, including medical professionals, are not aware of this fact, it turns out that ibuprofen and the chicken pox do not mix well and should be avoided.

Doctors had recommended the ibuprofen-based medicine to help ease Lewis’ symptoms, but he ended up in hospital with septicaemia – also known as blood poisoning.

Chickenpox is going round again, can I please remind people NOT to give to your children Nurofen/ibuprofen,’ Hayley wrote.

‘This type of medicine is anti-inflammatory, it reacts with chicken pox making them go deeper into the skin tissue.’

Hayley eventually found out on her own that ibuprofen (also known as Motrin in the US or Nurofen in the UK) is not recommended for cases of chicken-pox. However, somehow four of her son’s highly educated doctors were not aware of this contraindication for chicken pox, and told her to give her son the NSAID to ease the discomfort associated with the painful disease.

On this case, within just a few hours of giving him the ibuprofen, Lyon had to take her son to the emergency room as his condition was clearly worsening. Her son was eventually diagnosed with septicemia (medical term for blood poisoning). The boy got blood poisoning because the anti-inflammatory NSAID allowed the toxins in the chicken pox to penetrate deeper into the body tissue.

Lewis has fully recovered from the reaction, which happened in 2015, but still has scars, says Hayley.

Hayley is on a mission to warn other parents about the dangers of taking Ibuprofen to treat chickenpox. She shared the heartbreaking images of Lewis’ reaction to the Ibuprofen and laying in his hospital bed. Her post has been shared more than 430,000 times and counting. Not only that, but the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has since said both parents and doctors need greater awareness of the small but significant risk ibuprofen carries in chickenpox cases.”

 

Source: www.newsiosity.com

Avatar

Sean Maddox

Leave a Reply

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!