Michigan Police Reveal The Suspect In The Death Of 1-Year-Old Infant

Michigan police are investigating an 8-year-old child in the death of a 1-year-old infant. Korey Brown was found unresponsive at Keysha Keepers Daycare center, WZZM reported. Muskegon Police Chief Jeffrey Lewis is calling the case “one of the saddest” he’s ever seen.

Lewis said they received a 911 phone call at around 6:15 a.m. CPR was performed on the 1-year-old, but paramedics were unsuccessful in reviving the child. He was pronounced dead at 8 a.m. Adults were reportedly present at the home, but police believe Korey was unsupervised for an unknown period of time.

“I have all indications that they were in the house, they could have been on another floor, they could have been resting,” Lewis said. “I do not know what they were doing, but I do know they were not in this area or this would not have occurred.”

Police learned that Korey was crying about something before he died. An 8-year-old child allegedly stepped in to console the 1-year-old. Whatever happened after may have cost Korey his life, Lewis said.

“The 8 year old is the one who responded to those issues,” Lewis said.

An autopsy will be conducted to determine what exactly caused Korey”s death. Police said they might have to rely on a 5-year-old witness to help figure out what happened to the child. Bryanna Reasonover, Korey’s mother, previously told the news station that she noticed bruises and bite marks on her son’s face.

“My kids just started going there three weeks ago,” Reasonover said.

Police are looking into where the adults in the home were when the incident occurred, and how long the children went unsupervised. There were numerous children at Keysha Keepers Daycare center that day. Korey is believed to be the youngest, while the 8-year-old girl is believed to be the oldest.

The 8-year-old is being interviewed by authorities and a child psychology specialist.

Keysha Collins, the day care center’s operator, is the license holder for the facility. The license was granted on Nov. 18, 2016, according to the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, and there have been no complaints against her license since. Department spokesperson Michael Loepp said no action has been taken against the center because the investigation is ongoing.

“It’s very frustrating not to know what happened, to know that he was suffering when all he probably wanted was his mommy,” Reasonover told the Detroit Free Press.

H/T: Daily Mail

E. Goldstein

Leave a Reply

Daily Headlines