• May 25, 2024

KARMA’S BACK! Things Have Gone From Bad To Worse For LIAR Jussie Smollett!

 KARMA’S BACK! Things Have Gone From Bad To Worse For LIAR Jussie Smollett!

When Jussie Smollett cobbled together his half baked scheme in order to….well, whatever it was that he was trying to accomplish.

At the end of the day it just seems strange that all of this was over a job that he was making well over a million dollars a year at.

Don’t know about any of you but a job where I got paid a million dollars a year to be on television would be perfectly fine for me. However, he had to go ahead and ruin a good thing.

Things are going from bad to worse for actor Jussie Smollett.

In the fallout from what authorities say was a hate crime hoax, Smollet has reportedly gotten the news that he was cut from consideration for a leading role on Broadway.

The disgraced actor was charged with 16 felony counts last month for allegedly filing a false police report related to the incident in January, when Smollett apparently staged a racist, anti-gay attack on himself in Chicago.

The actor first claimed that he was attacked by supporters of President Donald Trump in Chicago, but police investigators believe he orchestrated the attack, which was carried about by two brothers Smollett knew — not racist Trump supporters.

But the State Attorney’s Office, which has questionable ties to Smollett’s family, let Smollett off the hook with community service and an agreement that he forfeit his $10,000 bond.

The office of Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx might have let Smollett off the hook, but he’s still paying the price for the incident.

Broadway insiders told the U.K. Daily Mail that Smollett was cut from the lead role in the upcoming Broadway revival of “Take Me Out.”

According to rather lukewarm review of the play’s 2003 incarnation in TalkinBroadway.com, “it’s the story of a gay major league baseball player who comes out of the closet and (unintentionally) wreaks havoc on his team.”

So, Smollett’s high visibility as a gay actor in nighttime drama could have been a major draw.

According to BroadwayWorld, it won the 2003 Tony Award for Best Play, as well as Tonys for its director, Joe Mantello, and featured actor, Denis O’Hare.

So, a starring role could have been quite a catch for Smollett.

But then the incident in Chicago came, and it might have looked like Smollett might wreak some havoc of his own on the Broadway revival.

“Everything was set to go and the producers were planning to announce that Jussie [Smollett] and Zachary Quinto were starring in the play last month,” one source told the Daily Mail.

“Everyone was so supportive after the attack and then suddenly, everything shifted,” the source added.

It’s important to note that these are unnamed sources, but this comment seems to echo the treatment Smollett has received publicly by fellow actors.

Daily Headlines