Karma Comes Back Around For The Guy Who Mocked, Assaulted Man With Cerebral Palsy

A man who bullied a poor man suffering from cerebral palsy gets what he deserved after getting caught on video at 7-Eleven.

A Delaware man was arrested after he was caught on video mocking and then sucker-punching a person with cerebral palsy outside a 7-Eleven in Pennsylvania.

Barry Baker, 29, was charged with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct. The incident took place in a 7-Eleven parking lot around 2:30 a.m. on May 10.

Surveillance camera footage shows Baker and his friends exiting the convenience store as a 22-year-old man with cerebral palsy gets out of his car and walks into the store. After holding the door for him, Baker begins to imitate the man’s walk. Less than a minute later, the man returns to his car, at which point Baker walks over and starts mocking him again.

The two are exchanging words in front of the man’s vehicle when Baker suddenly punches him in the face. The man staggers backward and holds his face while Baker casually walks away and disappears around the side of the building.

The victim reportedly called police from his vehicle minutes later.

“This defendant is a bully,” Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan told KYW. “Every decent citizen should be outraged by the defendant’s conduct. The victim is to be commended for keeping his cool and notifying the police. The victim showed a lot of dignity, I cannot say the same thing for the defendant here.”

“It’s shocking that in today’s world you would have somebody attacking you simply because you suffer from cerebral palsy,” Hogan added.

West Chester Police Chief Scott Bohn said he was taken aback by Baker’s actions.

“The defendant’s actions in this case are appalling,” he said. “You wonder what would make an individual treat somebody like that.”

After Baker posted bail, Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan announced that a warrant had been issued for Baker’s arrest for violating parole and failing to appear in court for a separate domestic relations case.

Baker was informed of the arrest warrant and initially said he would turn himself in, but instead went on the run, WPMT reports. He was captured at a hotel by U.S. Marshals on the morning of June 5.

During his hearing, Baker told Judge Ronald Nagle he had been planning to turn himself in.

“I came back last night,” he said, according to Daily Local News. “I wanted to turn myself in today.”

But officials say he used a friend’s name when checking in at the hotel, where he paid in cash. He had also shaved his beard into a goatee.

“Mr. Baker has been actively avoiding his apprehension,” Assistant District Attorney Cynthia Morgan said. “It is very clear that he was evading prosecution.”

Nagle set Baker’s bail at $100,000.

Source: OV

Sean Maddox

Leave a Reply

Daily Headlines