• June 15, 2024

Health Blogger Poisons Herself During A Live Video Feed [VIDEO]

 Health Blogger Poisons Herself During A Live Video Feed [VIDEO]

A video blogger was allegedly rushed to hospital after eating a poisonous plant while she was doing a live feed for viewers.

The 26-year-old, who goes by her surname Zhang, was reportedly doing live stream video of herself biting into the plant to promote the benefits of Aloe Vera.

Unfortunately, the Chinese media star was unknowingly gnawing on Agave Americana, a poisonous plant from Mexico.

The health blogger bought two giant waxy leaves for her performance which was titled, ‘Aloe Vera Feast’. The video shows her holding the leaves similar to that of the Aloe plant. She was then seen taking bites out of the plant and can be heard saying “yum” and “this is great” before realising something is wrong.

“Oh, that tastes bitter. Really bitter,” she says to the camera.

She said her mouth quickly went numb and her throat felt as though it was on “fire”, before cutting off the live stream and rushing to the hospital.

According to local reports, the vlogger had broken out in rashes and blisters and doctors were forced to pump her stomach, removing all traces of the plant to save her life.

Agave Americana, also known as American aloe, is a plant native to Mexico. It is often grown as an ornamental plant rather than for consumption as it is said to contain several toxic compounds, such as calcium oxylate raphides, which is “incredibly irritating”, according to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Cornell University.

It is particularly known for mescal and tequila, which is made from the fermented pulp.

She is reportedly now in a stable condition.

But despite its culinary uses and similarities to the relatively harmless Aloe plant, it can be deadly if not carefully prepared.


Source: Independent UK

Leave a Reply

Daily Headlines