Doctors Had No Idea How Sick This Man Was, Until They Pulled This From His Skin

 Doctors Had No Idea How Sick This Man Was, Until They Pulled This From His Skin

When a man returned home from a family trip, the doctors have discovered something shocking in his skin.

The man returned home from his trip to Belize and came down with a 102-degree fever. His symptoms didn’t go away for several weeks and he began to worry. He had three spots on his arms that looked like infections. After multiple trips to the doctor, nobody was able to figure out what was wrong.

One day, while speaking to a family friend who has a lot of experience in Central America, the friend was able to identify the source of the problem when he was able to quickly put his finger on what was ailing his friend. It turned out that the man had three botfly larvae under his skin. The spots on his arms were not infections at all.

The man went to the doctor to find out if his friend right and, sure enough, he was. The video below shows the botflies being removed from the young man’s arms.¬†According to Newsiosity, botflies are parasites that can live in the flesh or the gut. The human botfly, Dermatobia Hominid, is the only kind that regularly affects humans, however.

If you ever find that you have been infected by a botfly, you do not have to worry that much about its remedy. According to Wikipedia, the easiest and most effective way to remove botfly larvae is to apply petroleum jelly over the location, which prevents air from reaching the larva, suffocating it. It can then be removed with tweezers safely after a day. White glue mixed with Pyrethrin or other safe insecticides applied to the spot of swelling on the scalp will kill the larvae within hours, as they must keep an air hole open and will chew through the dried glue to do this, consuming the insecticide in the process.

However, it is still best that you immediately see a physician. A failed attempt of removing a botfly yourself can cause the larvae’s body to rupture, releasing harmful toxins into your body which can cause anaphylactic shock, according to Your Nation News.

Avatar

Joe V.

Leave a Reply

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!